Best laptop ipurchase n 2008 for PLC programming?

Genius!!!!!!!

I think water got spilled and the PCMCIA slot got converted into Express Slot!!

Actually never heard before something like Express card.Now googling and trying to get something.
Thanks.

I said:
If you need to communicate using DH485 with a 1747-PIC then no it will not work.

GIT said:
Operaghost left out the big IF.... if you are communicating to a SLC 500-503 via DH (using the PIC) you can not use the USB serial adapter, you will need to use the AB UIC, but all other that I know of will work.

Whaddya mean I left it out?? DH485 (not DH), it was right there in the second sentence!!(n)

Why I oughtta.........;)

OG

Pricey...but NICE!

I have used an HP ZE4805 for 5 years with great success. My only problem was going thru 4 HDD and 3 power supplies in that time. All the vibration of the machinery and riding around in my F250 4dr longbed service truck when not in use took its final toll on it. Fired it up one day and the magic smoke came out. I finally took the advice of my wife (go figure) and bought a ruggedized laptop. I bought a Panasonic CF-52 and I LOVE THE VERSATILITY. It has a shock mounted LCD and HDD. It also comes STANDARD with a 9pin port. What's the best is Panasonic sees fit to ship it with Vista, but also has a downgrade CD included for loading XP. WHAT A CONCEPT! I paid more for it than a standard laptop, but I love it and the warranty is 3 YEARS!!! Check out these specs:

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasonic/toughbook/specsheets/TB-52_ss.pdf
icon14.gif

I have HP Compaq NC8430

Serial port 3 USB and PCMCIA slot and works very well with serial and also CP5512.
I am using it AB and SIEMNS PLC, CNC no problem