Best Laptop Configuration for Rockwell Software

Nandraj

Dear Sirs ,
Please i wanted to know that which system Configuration is the best for rockwell Automations Software,rslinx5000.rslinx,rsnetworx for devicenet ,drive executive , ?
dell/hp any other

i am waiting for your response

Thanks ,
nandraj

Any decently fast computer will do. Have a minimum 8 gigs of RAM. I prefer to have a bigger screen to better view the program.

Between Dell and HP, both are similarly capable.

My one is Dell Latitude E5470 win7 64 bits, 8 Gigas of RAM and I have and external monitor 24", when traveling original 14" display is enough.

Last edited:
Personally, I have a Dell M4800 with a docking station.

Works great at the desk, and in the field. It's heavy, but solid. The integrated graphics card helps a ton.

I personally run all of my PLC software in a virtual machine. Most different software brands don't play nice with each other, so keeping the installs separate helps a lot.

I would go for:
16 gb ram
i7 cpu
mate display
SDD drive
size depends on your preferences, I like to work on 17" so it is heavy but I have a travel bag with wheels to transport it

Dell Precision Mobile Workstations

on the higher end of Dell are the Precision Mobile Workstations. I have a Precision 7720. They are great computers and very expandable. I also do some CAD work and they handle everything I throw at it.

I'd say that SSD drive is a must... preferably two of them.

Is this for a field laptop? Or for development at a desk with a random field visit?

No question the speed of SSD is nice, but I run all my PLC software in VM's stored on a mag disks and have no issues with speed.

I have a Toshiba satellite p875-s7102
it came with 8 gig ram and 500gig spinning drive
17" display, my eyes aren't as good as they used to be.
I also have a 24" monitor.

when I had the money, I added 16 more gig ram
a 1 tb ssd, and I am about to add a second 1tb drive.

it boots within 30 seconds, but the virus software takes several minutes to completely load. I can use it as soon as it boots to do what ever. I wait for the virus software to fully load before going onto the internet.

I have vmplayer installed with multiple vm's for various things.
they are xp, win 7, win 10.
they have panelview, panelview plus, rsview, wonderware, plc 500,5,5000
autocad, and other items.

hope this helps,
james