modbus connectivity in S7-300,CP341

falgunvasava

I need to read data from 3 Honeywell pid controllers which are used to control temperature which give modbus connectivity.
As i have found that CP341 with can used for modbus connection
but then it have RS232,RS422/RS485 and TTY three different types.
Can they all be used for modbus connectivity?
If someone says yes then how to decide which one to use.
what should i know about to Honeywell controller to decide that?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Yes, all variants of CP341 can be used for modbus connectivity. To decide between RS232, RS422/RS485 and TTY you need to know the type of communication supported by the Honeywell PID controller. Look at the technical specs of the PID controller, it will specifiy what type of communication port it has and you need to use the same type of CP341 card.

Honeywell 1/4 DIN UDC line has an optional 2 wire, half duplex RS-485 Modbus RTU for digital communications. The printed circuit option card can be added to a UDC 2500, 3200, or 3500.

Almost any parameter is available via Modbus RTU.

Dan