VB connection to S7-400 PLC

Hi there,

Is it possible to use VB as a front end and communicate with a Siemens S7-400 (CP443-1?)?
At our plant we are using WinCC for visualisation, now for a new application I should need about 8 new licenses of WinCC which is very expensive. That why I thought off VB.
The only thing we have to do, when a certain production line comes in stop mode, I need to send the date and Timestamp to a SQL-server and (were the plc connection comes in) let a light flashing.

Thanks in advance

Similar Topics

Hi all Hoping someone could point me to what I'm missing. I have a Step7 multiproject with a two projects in it (I called these B150 and WinCC)...
Replies
Views
I have a running backup of Citect and plc and I want to make a spare PC station so I have installed the win XP and somatic net v6.0 and import the...
Replies
Views
Hello, does anyone know the best connection method between an S71500R/H profinet MRP ring (2 x S7 1500R controllers in redundant profinet ring)...
Replies
Views
So I am getting a error on a ML 1400. Connection Failed! Secured controller only allows one connection. This thing is in Texas and I am not so...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have PCS7 project where I need to link Zebra scanners. The Zebra scanners are equiped with serial->ethernet converters also from the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom