Help for newbie

mbam

This is my first exposure to PLC's, do have some electronics and computer background so I'm getting up to speed OK. I know what the different data formats are but have never worked with them.

Using a DL06 (from Automation Direct) with the 6" Micro graphics panel & the thermocouple input card.

Building a control for a parts washer we are updating. Machine has pump, heaters, turntable, fill & rinse valves, skimmer, low water etc.

I have the timers, relay logic and thermocouple set up ok. Display has a analog gauge for the wash temp. Also has a few pages with up/down controls and display to change the set point for the temp control & timers. So here is where I need some direction –

How to scale the thermocouple reading x .1 – also should probably filter it so the heaters don’t get weird. I do know to put a dead-band on the temp control.

How to scale the timer setting & displays to show and increment minutes.

I hope I have this right, the timers are using a V address for the parameter which the up/down & numeric display are hooked to. Does it matter what address I use?

That’s it for now!!

I do plan on using the calendar so we can start the heaters in the morning on Monday’s before we get to work (they take a few hours), but that’s for V2

Thanks,

Marc

Sorry - I wasn't clear. Using the analog meter, so right now it is displaying 799 (it's about 80 deg F here). I don't see a place to set the fraction.

When setting up the 'Numeric Indicator' on the C-More Micro under 'Display Format' on the righ side there is 'Number of Digits'. Set the 'Fractional' number to '1'. Download this to your display. If you are viewing the number from the module using DirectSOFT you won't see a decimal point.

Now I see - I don't have that version on my computer. Will it accept a REAL? Or could you get by without the decimal. You could do a conversion in the PLC and then to the meter from that.