FTView SE Newbie Needs Help

Maximuse

I've used FTView ME for as long as I can remember but am now developing an application with SE. I've imported an ME project that will serve as the template for the SE project but have noticed some things.

How do I make a numeric entry button that actually looks like a button and not just a white box? I've poked around with the "Button" object hoping maybe I could use it to "run" the numeric entry but that hasn't worked. I've thought about just making a fake button out of a panel object and putting it on top of the numeric entry but i'm pretty sure that'll just obscure the numeric entry altogether. My inexperience with SE is showing as I'm sure this is very simple, are there any "accepted" workarounds for this?

The numeric entry object in FTView SE is total garbage. I typically use a multistate indicator (for maximum customization) and then put a transparent numeric entry object over the top, then group them.

On another project I built my own numeric entry object using touch animation and a custom keypad, that's also an option.

Or I believe that there are ActiveX numeric entries available for download somewhere.

The numeric entry object in FTView SE is total garbage. I typically use a multistate indicator (for maximum customization) and then put a transparent numeric entry object over the top, then group them.

On another project I built my own numeric entry object using touch animation and a custom keypad, that's also an option.

Or I believe that there are ActiveX numeric entries available for download somewhere.

Thank you ASF, forgive me but how do I create a transparent numeric entry object? There doesn't seem to be that option within the properties like there is with ME.

Apologies, it's been a while since I dealt with this problem. You're right, you can't make it transparent - just place it behind the panel/multistate indicator object. If the object in front is a button it won't work, as the button will take the focus when you try and click on it, but if the object in front is just a panel or a multistate indicator configured to look like a button, the click will get passed through to the numeric input behind it.

If I were you, I'd have a look at global objects. You can build the object once, configure parameters #1, #2 and #3 as the tag, minimum and maximum respectively, and then just put instances wherever you need them.