Vision 120 22 Help!

Hanlesm

Hello everyone!
I'm new to this forum but have a problem and you guys know what you are talking about. My problem is that although having a unitronics plc I know very little about it. I know that you can use either ac or dc power for the plc but I cannot find anything on the output side of things. I have a 12vac (coil) relay to switch power to an AC motor and the PLC is supposed to turn the power on the relay, but doesn't. The coil is not moving the contact. The PLC is on 24 vdc at the moment but can be changed. Any help you have or even further questions would be great.
Thanks.

Can you provide the complete catalog number of you PLC? Or link to the manual?

Most PLC outputs need an external power supply, then the PLC just switches the power to your load. Do you have a 12vac power supply connected to the outputs?

See pictures below for typical connections. You may have issues if your PLC has solid state outputs trying to switch 12vac.

RelayOutputs.jpg Transistoroutputs.jpg

Last edited:
I am finding it difficult to even find a 12vac power supply. Any ideas on where to get one? I was thinking there would be issues with switching the 12 vac.

You would need to use a relay output to switch that oddball voltage...in your first post, I thought is was a typo...are you sure it's not a typo on the relay coil? Maybe they left off a zero...

If your unitronics PLC has a relay output, then you can wire the "hot" wire of the 12vac (or any other voltage source within the rating of the relay) to one side of it, and the other side would go to the coil you're trying to operate.

When the PLC logic causes the relay to close, the voltage would be passed through.

Welcome to the forum, BTW
Paul

Thanks for the welcome, I thought of that but now need a 12vac supply. Finding this is a lot more work! I hope that it is a typo! Will break heads if it isn't! I'll check this out and will post again tomorrow if I get time. Thanks.

Will have to get a NORMAL relay. The 12vac is doing my head in!! Tried just to wire the ac mains into the plc but realized it says 12-24 dc only so will have to adjust the relay to fit. Thanks for the help.