SLC-150 EEprom Help

Volsguy

I have 2 150's running the same program and each has a eeprom installed but I think one eeprom went bad. Is there anyway to reload the program onto a new eeprom? I assume that they load and run from eeprom since when eeprom is removed the pc is blank.

Do you have the PCIS software and the 1745-PCC module to connect to the controller? I think there is also a handheld programming device which may be able to help you.

With PCIS you can use the Program Transfer function to read from or write to the SLC, or its EEPROM.

The SLC100/150 can be programmed to load from EEPROM on power up by placing an unconditional output to address 864 as the first rung of the program.

If that rung is not present, then you can manually do it using the PCIS software. I have not used the hand held terminal, but I would assume it also has a method to force the SLC to read from EEPROM.

There are other posts here that tell how to run PCIS from within windows XP using freeware called Dosbox. Without dosbox, the communication does not work . . . at least not for me.

Paul