Siemens and Prosave comms problem

dave_gibson

Hi all,

Some help if it's not to much bother please.

I am trying to backup a siemens OP-7-DP HMI using prosave V7.4.0.0

The problem I have is that I cannot select a valid com port within prosave to use for comms. My new fangled modern laptop doesn't have a com 3. I am looking to use a usb to serial converter with a serial comms cable but this will need to be connected to com port 4. Any ideas on how I can set this up?? A screen shot is attached

prosave issue.jpg

Scratch that last post.

Once I tried plugging into Com 4 and then started prosave com 4 became available.

You tell it's the end of a long day my brain is melting at the easiest of tasks.

Similar Topics

We have a OP270 Touch 10 and are trying to get a Backup using Prosave. It starts and seems to be getting Image1.img and then on to Image2.img...
Replies
Views
I would like to know if it is possible to edit a protool project for a TP270-10 which has been uploaded (sucked out) from the screen using...
Replies
Views
Hello, Is there a possibility to upload an OP35-panel with Prosave. When I go to the selection box in Prosave to select the type of panel to...
Replies
Views
I'm using the Siemens PRONETA software to do some IO testing currently. I love the simplicity and fast testing capability. Does anyone know about...
Replies
Views
Hi, First time user of S5 Siemens. Is there any solution on how to solve this kind of error. HMI OP7 $613 DB-error No. 11 (0: 15) Siemens PLC...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom