High temp sensor into a AB plc

irondesk40

Really not a plc question, but have a application where I have been asked to detect if fabric that is running in a chamber that will be heated with steam could have a sensor mounted, such as a fork type sensor to detect if the web tracks to one side or not inside the chamber.
Any suggestions, I have tried to google for high temperature fabric sensors, but not much luck.
Will then feed this into a micrologix 1100 plc.

The temperature that the chamber will need to maintained at is 185 degrees F.
What was throwed up on the board today was trying mount some type of sensor that could be mounted in the chamber that would detect if the fabric drifted to one side or not.

What is the tolerance on tracking?

Interested in how a temp sensor would accomplish this.

Is it possible to shine a light source in one side (in cool air) of "box" and detect on the other side (in cool air). Use two so that you know when it drifts to left or when drifts to right.

Plastic sensors ie proximity would have tough time surviving at this temp.

the other thing that comes to mind is OK so you can sense it. What and how are you going to correct it?

Dan Bentler