Directsoft5, VFD's and Thermocouples

rvitrih

Hi,

Does anyone have any Directsoft5 code that incorporates VFD's, Thermocouples and Analogue inputs. I would be interested in having a look at how some parts of the code are written.

This would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

Does anyone have any Directsoft5 code that incorporates VFD's, Thermocouples and Analogue inputs. I would be interested in having a look at how some parts of the code are written.
Richard

Richard,

There is this example over at the Automation Direct forum
http://forum.automationdirect.com/showthread.php?t=4424

I have one also but when I opened it somehow I have lost all my documentation. If I get some time I'll see if I can find my backups and post here.

Richard,

My backup had the rung comments messed up also. Guess what I'll be doing for the rest of the day! But I did find this example of a DL06 and a GS2 (Automation Direct) drive. This example is for a Chinese drill press that has a 3 HP 3 phase motor retrofitted along with a VFD. The VFD and PLC allows me to use this machine in a "tap" mode. (Reverses spindle to get tap out of material.)

I wanted to use the drives keypad pot as the analog speed reference (thus avoiding the cost of an analog card). The drive doesn't like using the keypad as a speed reference and having modbus control its other parameters. So there are some compromises in the program.

Last edited: