Help: use FB41 to synchronize two cylinders

allenewong211

Hello All,

Good day!

I am currently working on a project in need of using PID control to synchronize two cylinders. I'm writing a PLC program to make sure that these two move with a good alignment. however, as the object they're pushing is with different load distribution, so one is expected to move faster than the other.

THe PLC AO will be connected to proportional valves who, via adjust the orifice size, is able to affect flow rate and hereby the moving speeds of the cylinder rods. Positioning sensors will be connected to PLC AI as feedback. TO simplify the process, we intend to select one as master cylinder and leave the other as slave cylinder who will be controlled to align with the master.

If we denote the displacement of master cylinder as Dm and that of slave as Ds. What are the settings of SP_IN, PV_IN and LMN?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND GUIDANCE IN ADVANCE!

regards
Allen