PLC5 / SLC 5/04 communication

frw312

I am looking to purchase a 1784-PCMK card (eBay) and it comes with a PCM5 cable. The cable has the 9 pin to 8 pin connector included. Will the PCM5 communicate with PLC5 and SLC 5/04? The AB man only specifies PLC5 where the PCM6 man specifies PLC5 and SLC. Thanks for any feedback

Yes, the round 8 pin DH+ connector will work with both SLC 5/04 and PLC5...If you have a classic PLC 5 with the 9 pin DH+ connector, you should be able to use it without the adapter.

You can even fabricate an adapter to go to the 3 pin phoenix plug if you want.

On the PCM5 9 pin end:
1-Clear
5-Blue
7-Shield

Last edited:
If you get the PCM5 cable you will have both a DB9 and the round mini... I like the PCM5 for the DB9, I will make a pig tail for the data HWY and then you can plug/tap in just about anywhere on your network, works really good

I also do just as Paul has said... it also works very good