Analog from SLC-500 remote rack to PLC5 main rack

matt.norsask

My goal is to get an analog signal from a SLC-500 remote rack back to a PLC-5 main rack. Is this possible? If so, I may need some help. I've set up a BTW and BTR, but I can't seem to get any readings from the NI4 analog input card. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help, Jesper! The manual pointed me in the right direction. My issue ended up being in the dip switches on the 1746-ASB module. The image size was set to 4, and since the NI4 card was the 5th, the adapter didn't realize it was there. Simple fix for someone experienced, I'm sure. The rack was already in 1 slot addressing, so I used a BTW and BTR pair to make the card communicate. Thanks again!

Similar Topics

I have a program that has a scp of 0v to Image dc and in the input minimum it has 1638 and the input max is 14736. The scaled min is 0 and the...
Replies
Views
I'm working with an AB slick 500. It's running a RO system for the boiler room. I'm trying to interface with a transar system so they can monitor...
Replies
Views
Hello Programmers, I am new into the analog programming world. Please excuse any errors or mistakes. I created a program that would scale my...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing monitoring systems for 12 identical machines. SLC 542, 2 dc sink inputs 2 relay outputs and 2 analog 4I. The first two...
Replies
Views
I'm feeling pretty stupid tonight because I can't remember process to install and set up my 1746-NI4 analog card in my SLC 500 PLC. It has been...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom