SLC 500 analog 4I not reading

Newnett

Hi, I am installing monitoring systems for 12 identical machines. SLC 542, 2 dc sink inputs 2 relay outputs and 2 analog 4I. The first two machines went fine. The third is giving me a 0 value for both hyd. transducers (the transducers usually show a value around 3300 at 0 p.s.i. Swapped out both analog cards, the 5/04, tried 3 different 24vdc sources and triple checked wiring and dip switch settings on the analog cards. the IB16 and the OW16 cards work fine.

I did notice the 4th analog input (not being used) I:5.3 is all 1's when looking at it in binary display mode. Even when both pheonix connectors are removed from the analog cards. I cannot reset the value to zero with a ffl or move or toggle the bit or writing zero to it at the binary display.

anyone seen this before?? I hope it's the chassis. I've got nothing else to swap out.

What analog card do you have, complete catalog number please.

What happens if you short/jumper the input terminals for the analog input in question ?

Can you post the program? Its .RSS file zip it first.

Was this input working at one time?

The cards are 1746-NI4. The exact same program is running on 3 other duplicate machines without this problem, so it's not the program. I never saw the 'typical' reading of 3300 at 0 p.s.i., just reading of 0 on the two words (5.0 and 5.1)while 5.3 shows all 1's with no wires at any of the three terminals.
I will short the + and 0vdc on 5.3 and see what happens.