Siemens S7 Timers & LAD /STL

chikuni

I am still new to Step 7 300, and am experimenting. I have more or less got the hang of programming with STL and LAD through OB1. But I dont understand how timers parameters are entered. When I place the timer block e.g. S_ODT, I have to enter TV on the side and the Label at the Top. Now it seems I can only enter a number like T5 which does not make the ladder readable. In IEC IL, I used to declare it as "Welding_Timer"; TON and enter the parameters using the CALL. Now how can I do this with Step 7 STL or LAD? Also does there exist something similar to the Symbol Editor & Symbol Table for Timers and similar blocks?

echi

Select the T5 timer address and hit ALT+ENTER.
That brings up a dialog for editing the symbol for that address.
You can also edit sybols en masse by opening the "Symbols" in the "S7 Program" folder in the project tree,

That was a great Reply, Jesper: Did this and it worked. This is a good Forum. I will have more questions as time goes on, but I will also become wiser

echi