Help with S7 Analogue card

kjwudsph

I need help with a Siemens S7-300 analogue card that is not putting out the 4-20mA loop to run an invertor - fitted a new card 6ES7 332-5HB01-0AB0 and still don't get any output

I'm new to the S7 range and would appreciate any help in setting up this card
Thanks

Did you open the analog card properties in the hardware configuration utility and set the output type to current and the output range to 4-20 mA?

HW_Config.JPG

As above plus:
The hardware config will give you the output address of the channel.

Check if there is a plug on the side of the unit to select type of output (Current/voltage)- the input module certainly has one and i dont have an output module to look at!!!

Use "FC106 unscale" in your program where you can set your limits - say 0 = 4ma and 100 = 20ma.

Lastly, make sure you are wired as per the drawing.

Thanks for that, Checked that & its configured OK - the problem appears to be the slot number as to be slot1 and I can't change the slot number with the adjuster on the back of the module - its too small, the previous ones had a screwdriver slot to rotate it to the desired position, any advice on the tiny adjuster??