Problem with simple MOV instruction

buckian

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to do a simple data move.

I have 2 tags of REAL and just want to move the tag1 data into tag2.

here is the code:

.......X1
|----[]---------------------[MOV ]----|
| .............................. [source: tag1].|
| ................................[ 60]............ |
| ...............................[dest: tag2]... |
| .................................[ 0]............. |

I am running this in RSLogix 5000 emulate. When I toggle bit X1, I expect tag2 to get its value from tag1, but even though X1 turns green, the source and destination values stay as they were.....

Anyone know what the problem is?

Ian

Last edited:
1. Is the code possibly in a subroutine which isn't scanned?

2. Is tag2 overwritten by something else (0) before the end of the scan after this code?

found the problem

Guys,

thanks for pointing this out....

The code was in a routine that was not being executed. I copied the code into the main program to test it and it worked beautifully! thanks!

Ian