Simple Ladder Problem

afm

I have a program that does a 7 second "scan" sensor calibration routine whenever a setting (setting is called assistance level or "AL" and ranges from 5-10) is adjusted on the HMI. Currently, a scan occurs every time the AL setpoint setting is changed (the rescan is triggered when the HMI buttons are pressed to adjust the AL). I want to reduce the frequency of the scans that occur, and I only need it to scan when the AL is changed to 5 OR when the AL is change to 6-10 (rescan calibration is not needed as the sensor is not affected significantly between AL settings 6-10). For example. If I am at AL 5 and change to AL 10, I want a scan to occur, but if I switch from 10 to 6, I do not need to rescan. But if I go from 6 to AL 5, I want to rescan. I attached my current code. for the current code. For context, while the MinTimer is timing, I run the rescan, so I need some help with updating the "AssistLevelChange" variable to only trigger with the above scenario.

1709930055182.png

1709930074251.png

Thanks for this. The AL setpoint actually ranges from 0-10, but for the context of the sensor scans, I am only looking at when AL is between 5-10 range. This was my approach. I could have used an "if AL GE 6-10" function block to keep it concise. I like your process to identify switching between the rescan thresholds using the memory bits, thank you.

1710049158671.png

1710049184118.png

When the AL is changed the MinTimer restarts which triggers my scan logic :

1710049565748.png

1710049597231.png

Last edited: