Siemens Step-5 help

shahn4

I have Siemens S-5 for windows BWCC-Ver 3.05 by IBH Softec on an older computer. This software has many S-5 files with extension of xxx.S5.
Now I have a newer laptop with Simatic S5 Step-5 Ver 7.2. This software looks for the file with extension of xxx. INI.
Is there a way to open or convert xxx. S5 files to xxx. INI?
Thanks in advance.
banghead

The files required by Step5 are as follows:

the program is in the xxxxxxST.S5D file
the symbols are in xxxxxxZ0.ini and xxxxxxZ0.SEQ
the project settings are in xxxxxxPX.INI

You can get by with the program file and either of the symbols files. Siemens doesn't provide conversion utilities for 3rd party software, so if there isn't one on the older computer, you may end up uploading from the controllers and recreating the symbols files.

RGB thanks for your reply.
I checked with the third party software, and found that it export to S5D.
Now I have two files with **ST.S5D and ***ZO.SEQ.
When I try to open Project—Load above files, the Step5 defaults to **PX.INI.
How can I change this default to **ST.S5D?

:confused: (I am a RSLogix500 user and lost with Step5) :confused:

The project file (the ini file you're trying to load) only has the settings for the project in it (location of the other files). If you have the program and symbols file you can set up a new project and save the project file for use later.

Here's a short document I created for a first time Step5 user a while back. It should help you get started.

hI..

Look this example, you can change the symbol files
xxxxxxZ0.SEQ to --> xxxxxxZ0.ini

Then you can open the list of variable :D

Hope this help
Tony

dibujo.jpg