an inquiry, kindly help:)

theripley

Hi,

If the PC (thru a VB programming) is able to send a textfile to the PLC, is it possible that the PLC can send a textfile to the PC?
Is it a textfile that it can send?(if it can)
o_O

How will the VB recognizes this strings? Can you give an example? :oops:
No. I can't.
You have not provided sufficient information.
If your PLC supports strings, and your OPC Server can read them from the PLC, then your VB Whatever can get them.

PLC's do not, in general, support "Textfiles", but a "Textfile" is just a bunch of strings.

Similar Topics

Hi everyone, got a Siemens S7-1200 collecting data off one our furnace lines. I'm getting some interesting activity I'm working on cleaning up in...
Replies
Views
Hello all, This is just a general inquiry, I am a new control systems engineer and would like your insight on control systems upgrade. What...
Replies
Views
We are replacing a piece of machinery with a newer version. The new assembly has 5 TCs which are closer by far to the operator station than the...
Replies
Views
In Allen-Bradley world (Controllogix Rev 30 controller) is PID scaling ALWAYS set to match the input card / sensor scaling? I am simulating a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old unit HMI with model PA10T-133 (PA Powerstations series). 1. I just have an inquiry whether which particular software to use...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom