Reading of Analog Input

absimfan

Hi,

How can I read and program for an analog input (4-20mA) from a Pressure transmitter. I'm using GE Fanuc's Versamax micro 23 point PLC.

Can anyone help me on this topic?

Thanks,

AbsimFan.

I guess that what you need is to scale you 4-20 mA signal into pressure value range of your transmitter.
Example 4 mA means 0 PSI and 20 mA means 150 PSI, if you transmitter has a range 0-150 PSI.

I'm not overly familar with the GE series of PLC's but the first question i have for you is have you made sure that the PLC you selected has a 4-20ma input? i looked over a listing of the versamax series micros and alot of them that have analog inputs seem to be in the 0-10vdc range - i didnt see any that specificly listed 4-20mA

If the PLC analog input is limited to 0-10 vdc you can purchase converters/isolators to convert the 4-20 madc to 0-10 vdc.

Reply for yesterday's post

I'm not overly familar with the GE series of PLC's but the first question i have for you is have you made sure that the PLC you selected has a 4-20ma input? i looked over a listing of the versamax series micros and alot of them that have analog inputs seem to be in the 0-10vdc range - i didnt see any that specificly listed 4-20mA

:geek: The versamax micro Expansion module IC200UEX624 has both voltage (0-10V DC) & current (4-20mA) input options. Also Versamax micro 23 Point controller has 2 inbuilt AI (optionally 0-10V DC and 4-20mA DC.

1.configure the analog input block to 4-20 ma mode.
2. Check the address of the analog input in the hardware configuration of the module.
3. Use a scale int block. give the address of AI at 'IN' of the block. Give IHI-32767, ILO-0 & OHI- high limit of the device & ILO- lo limit of the device.
4. Use a register at Q.
5.Now based on the input from the device, you will get the reading in the register.