PLC 545 with TI Soft programming

shawn.t

I am operating a PLC 545, and recently the hard drive on the PC got corrupted; Fourtunatley I had a backup hard drive, and I have installed the hard drive; I can go to the TI Soft, and give commands to PLC, and it will accept, but in window viewer I don't have anything. how do I get the windows back for viewing?

I'm confused.
1. You can use Ti-soft to give commands to PLC, what does that mean, are you on line, can you see the ladder logic?
2. What is a window viewer, is this a dos window, a Tisoft window, a windows, window?

I am operating a PLC 545, and recently the hard drive on the PC got corrupted; Fourtunatley I had a backup hard drive, and I have installed the hard drive; I can go to the TI Soft, and give commands to PLC, and it will accept, but in window viewer I don't have anything. how do I get the windows back for viewing?

Yes I can actually give the commands while in Ladder Logic such as: Load PLC, Clear PLC, Partial Powerup, Complete Powerup, and etc. I know it seems confusing, I can give commands using a RS-232 Cable locally, but I am not able to view the windows!

Yes I can actually give the commands while in Ladder Logic such as: Load PLC, Clear PLC, Partial Powerup, Complete Powerup, and etc. I know it seems confusing; I am using a RS-232 Cable to communicate with the PLC locally; I have established Communications between the PLC, and PC, except, I am not able to view the operation on the screen.

Been awhile since I used TI-Soft but I think you have to comand it to go Online. Seems like it was F4 from the boot screen.

Hello

Do you start Tisoft using the correct command.
If I remember correctly in the tisoft directory you have files like TI505.bat and
RO505.bat(if with this file you open a read only version of Tisoft this means that you can view all the logic ladder and special functions but you can not make modifications).
You must open Tisoft using TI505.bat orTI565.bat I’m quiet sure of the name

Regards

Henny

Hi Henry,
The problem that i have is not been able to see the windows on pc screen; since I replaced the bad hard drive on the pc; I can give commands to plc and it does accept the commands, but I don't see any of the windows using the windowviewer, which is part of the wonderware program.

Tisosft has nothing to do with wonderware. If you are connecting to the TI545 serially with Wondwerware and Tisoft is already connected it will not work as Tisoft wiull have the comm port locked up.

Hi Fred,

Wonderware is not starting back up; If the comm port is locked up, what steps do I need to take to unlock it. I am able to go to TI505.BAT and give commands to plc, and it will accept using RS-232 serially. This is due to a bad hard drivr, which fortunately I had another backup hard drive. I replaced the hard drive on pc, and now have these problems.

Running Tisost only means that Wonderware will not be able to use that serial port to talk to the PLC. If it is not starting that is a totally different issue altogether. Check your system event logs to see if any errors are being posted regarding Windowviewer. Other then that I can't say. My expertise runs to communications not SCADA/HMI's.

If windowviewer is opening you chould be able to select a window in it to launch. If you do not see the list of avialable windows for your project then the project was not loaded. if you do see them then perhaps the project does not have a default startup window selected.

If windowviewer is opening you chould be able to select a window in it to launch. If you do not see the list of avialable windows for your project then the project was not loaded. if you do see them then perhaps the project does not have a default startup window selected.

Hi Fred,

Yes the windowviewer is open, but there are no windows to select from.