configure analog with slc505

irondesk40

could someone look at the attached file? It is ab slc module and expansion module that my manager is wanting us to use in a project. I installed a slc505 module that was a surplus module from a project that was done a few years back. I installed the module in the rack and read the i/o.
Now here is where I am a little confused. How would you configure the analog modules? I have used the micrologix plc's and you select the io configuration in the program and then select the advance config and another widow opens and you then select analog configuration in that window and then you can set the input range and data format for that input channel.
With the slc 505 when i select the io configuration in the program the io window opens and then if i highlight a input module and select the advance config another window opens and the config is greyed out.
what is the proper procedure to configure the analog in a slc 500 plc?
Will download the manuals and read them, but hoping that someone who has already done this could possibly explain it in simple terms. Neve used a slc500 in a new project, only inherited projects that where developed by the machine manufacturers and a little confused.
thanks

The issue you have is not the SLC5/05 its the analog input card you have installed. The 1746-NI4 does not have an advanced configuration option. There are different analog cards you can have that do support the advanced config.
Its inputs (the 1746-NI4) are set by dip switches for each channel voltage or current.
The data format is fixed depending on the input applied see picture below.
So in summary there is nothing to configure, just set the dip switches,plug it in, wire it up, and do what you will with the raw data.

If you want to play pick an analog module that says "Class 3" they have the advanced configuration option.

DataFormat.jpg

Last edited:
Same for the analog output modules you have. Dip switch settings and fixed data format.
See pic below

OutputdataFormat.jpg

thanks a lot for your response.
actually the cards, etc. are cards left over from other projects that we had in storage cabinets and the racks as well.
we looking at a project that will require the cards that we installed in a rack as well as a stepper card.
Never did a slc project from scratch, so there will be a learning curve involved.

Leaving for Dominican Republic tomorrow and hope to download the manuals while there and hopefully be able to read them in the afternoons after work.

thanks