How to configure Stride Analog Out in Logix Designer

ptat

Hello,

I am trying to connect a Stride Analog Output module to a 1769 CompactLogix via Ethernet. I added a new Generic Ethernet Module for the STRIDE, but I do not know what to enter for the "Connection Parameters". There are "Assembly Instance" and "Size" for Input, Output, and Configuration slots. Please help.

Also, can I even use a STRIDE with the PLC at all?

Those modules communicates using the Modbus TCP protocol. In order to get your Compactlogix to speak its language, you would have to use the Modbus TCP Add-on instruction or a 3rd party device to bridge the gap.

If you go to Rockwell Automation Website and search for "Modbus TCP AOI", then on the results, click on Sample Code, you should find the instruction available for download. You may also want to look at the Knowledgebase for the same search terms. I have not used that example personally, but a lot of people have and it should work fine as long as your requirements are not too complicated.

Those modules communicates using the Modbus TCP protocol. In order to get your Compactlogix to speak its language, you would have to use the Modbus TCP Add-on instruction or a 3rd party device to bridge the gap.

If you go to Rockwell Automation Website and search for "Modbus TCP AOI", then on the results, click on Sample Code, you should find the instruction available for download. You may also want to look at the Knowledgebase for the same search terms. I have not used that example personally, but a lot of people have and it should work fine as long as your requirements are not too complicated.
Greatly thank you for your advise. I was able to import the Add-on instruction and follow the manuals to configure the server and client. I think the STRIDE module is communicating but I am not 100% sure. Is there a quick way to verify that the module is talking?
I wanted to insert a screen shot of the Status Bits in this post, but I could not. So I will list them out.

Modbus TCP Server: (Sts_EN), (Sts_Waiting), (Sts_Accepted), (Sts_Faulted)
Modbus TCP Client: (Sts_EN), (Sts_Connected), (Sts_Faulted), (Sts_Overlap), (Sts_Overload)

If I understood the manuals correctly, (Sts_Accepted) means there is at least one client successfully connected, and (Sts_Connected) means the connection request was accepted). However, the "Sts_ActiveConnections" displays a zero. Should it be displaying a one? That is where I am confused at.