Proficy ME 8 Configure IO Crash

kkknie

Within the last week or so, PME has crashed whenever I try to open a configure IO screen. I am running V8.0 Build 6215. Offline configuration of 90-30, VersaMax and RX3i controllers with various IO. VersaMax IO connected to RX3i controllers works sometimes and sometimes does not. Error is a simple Run-time Error 6, Overflow.

I've written a fair amount of code and this normally means trying to stuff a value higher than the allowed amount into a declared variable (or dividing by zero). No clue why this is happening now.

Three different laptops. Two native and one VM. Multiple OS. All air-gapped and not getting Windows updates.

Will contact Emerson (or whoever) to put in a ticket. Any help would be appreciated since I don't know what I'll get going the former route.

I've had PME crash many times in more than one version level and have always been able to get it resolved by installing the latest SIM. I don't know what the build number was for the highest available SIM for version 8. Unfortunately, I expect Emerson's response will be to upgrade to their latest. I have not yet had the need to test their level of support for the GE versions of PME.

After I finally tracked down the site for Emerson support for PME, created an account (couldn't use my GE account) and got into the system, it was quite easy. Downloaded PME 8.0 SIM 11 (for free - which is highly unusual for any Emerson thing). Installed (which barked at me a bit). Now all is good again. Thanks for the help.

Last edited: