Integrating S7-PLCSIM & Intouch

MrNobody

Hi,
For testing purposes, i need to integrate S7-PLCSIM with Intouch 9.0.
How can I do it? What protocol should I use? Can I install both S7-PLCSIM and Intouch in 1 virtual machine or do I need to install them in 2 separate virtual Machine?
Pls advice. Thanks.

If Intouch can use the socalled S7ONLINE connection type, then it should be possible with the latest version of PLCSIM.

If Intouch uses a native driver, then it is not possible.

If Intouch uses OPC, then maybe it is possible.
In the latest service-pack for PLCSIM, it is mentioned that it is now possible to integrate it with a Simatic PC Station.
I am not sure exactly what that means, if it is for example possible to make a connection via OPC to PLCSIM.
This has been a user request for PLCSIM for a long time.

Hi!
You have to start an additional programm:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nettoplcsim/

You can run InTouch on a VM and connect it to PLCSim on your host, or you can run both on your host - I've tested both versions.
The connection you have to use is ISO on TCP (I use the DA-Server that is delivered with InTouch).
You have to set the IP of your network card to the IP your PLC will later have (or set the IP in the client configuration to the IP of your network card).
Make sure your host accepts incoming connections on port 102.