rslinx oem shutsdown

I am running Rslinx OEM V2.50 as a service for a shipping manager. At random times the systems just stops working. The event log on the server says
c-api stopped succesfully
Rslogix stopped sucessfully.

If I restart rslogix it will continue working for a minute or for a month then do the same thing again. Of course it usually stops working in the middle of the night.

The shipping manager is sending data to slc 5/05 over ethernet.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Wait, what stopped? RSLinx? Or RSLogix?
As a service, Linx will survive logging out of Windows (but not shutting down). Logix will not, and cannot run as a service in any meaningful fashion.

How many tags? I am using OEM ver 2.52 and have never had any issues. But.....I have heard others with high tag and fast polling having similar issues. The final solution was to buy a different OPC server.