rslogix 5000 forcing finder

stu

hi , i have seen on someones laptop that on there rslogix 5000 has got a forcing tab by the controller properties on the online tab does anyone know how to get it? thank stu

I think that the icon you're asking about is the one shown in the first picture attached ... if so –

BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL IN USING THIS! ...

reason: even though it says it will find ALL forces, it just might NOT ...

secret handshake: it only searches in the "routines" – and NOT in the tags ...

so: it is entirely possible for someone to leave a force installed for an I/O point which is NOT being controlled by the controller's logic ... for example, something like a new piece of equipment being checked out during commissioning by being forced on and off ...

the "Find All Forces" icon will NOT search for - or find – forces like that ... if "hidden forces" like that could be important in your particular situation, then I suggest that you carefully examine the Force Mask column instead of trusting that handy-dandy built-in "Find All Forces" feature ...

and incidentally, the little "This bit is being forced ON" flag shown at the bottom of the first picture is NOT correct ... if you're interested, you can find more about this confusing issue in Quiz #115 on this page

http://www.ronbeaufort.com/email_quizzes.htm

of my website ...

forceicon.JPG forcecolumn.JPG