debugging/monitor step7

wglespaul

Could anyone explain to me in simple terms, the purpose of debugging and monitor status (as well as variable tables), and also program status in step7. Its all a little unclear in the manual.

Thanks

Tom

Tom

Show me a programmer who writes a perfect program in one go, and I'll tell you why you won't need monitoring and debugging anymore.

Think about this statement and I'm sure you'll figure out the purpose of monitoring/debugging.

And yes, Dark Knight, to me too this looks like a homework question.

Kind regards,

Debugging/monitor

Thanks for your responses. Unfortunately it isn't a homework question, I m doing a small project on PLCs as a summer engineering placement for a large drugs company, and although I have just qualified as an electrical engineer, I never studied PLCs in University.

I understand what monitor and debugging are used for, but I was just confused looking at the siemens manuals what each different type of monitoring covered, as the manuals just have short bullets on how to actually do the command but little explanation of each specific topic.
Being a beginner in the subject I find it hard to explain exactly what I don't understand, but im trying my best to ask questions to fill in the gaps of knowledge that I cant find elsewhere.

Tom

Hi..

I recomend you, find the Hans Berger Manual "Automating With Step 7 in STL and SCL" and learn from it..