pidtuning.net

CCZ

Has anyone purchased the books on PID tuning from pidtuning.net?
What was you experience with it? Is there a better place to get the same information?

Thanks,

Chris

I haven't used it but it looks good

I can't tell what is in the book the author seems to be aware of of the common pitfalls. If you don't know anything about tuning I would take a chance on it. It is only about $100 and if it works well it could be one of the best $100 you have ever spent.

If you are tuning temperature systems you should look at www.controlguru.com first just to see if it fits your needs. You didn't say what kind of system you are trying to tune and PIDTuning.net is right about each system is different. This is why I think having a deep understand is really the best approach.

I am not sure if PID is really the best control scheme for me at this point, but I do realise that it will not be simple.

I probably should not go into too much detail about am doing but, I am going to be controlling pH. The lag should be somewhere around seven minutes. This is a circular process where the chemical I am injecting (based on pH) is used up and I need to inject more for the next pass. The load will vary widely. Of course I want to control the pH as tightly as I can.

How is that for as clear as mud?

CCZ