Excel, Ascii, Printing

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an excel file with 400 rows of 5 columns of information. I have been asked to etch these each row of information on a metal tag using a Technifor Pinstamp Unit.

I was hoping to create a formula that would pull the information into some sort of string that I could send to the printer with hyper terminal.

My problem is:
String format required = <ESC> VR 1 texttexttext <CR><ESC> VR 2 texttexttext<CR>

I cannot figure out how to creat the escape or carriage return symbol in excel.

Does anyone know how to do this or an easier way to send the daya?

Any input is appreciated.
-Joel

if you copy and paste excel data into notepad before you save it, CR is automatically appended after each line.
for ESC try this

=CONCATENATE(CHAR(34),A1)