Button on Excel to toggle a bit in RSLogix 5000 - using FTLinxGateway

squiggz

Hi,
I'm just looking for a simple way to make a button in excel (via VBA I presume) to toggle a bit in RSLogix 5000. I just got FactoyTalkLinx Gateway and I'm starting to learn the ins and outs of it using DDE. I've got going from the PLC to Excel pretty down pat, but I'm struggling with figuring out how to go the other way.
Thanks.

It is an interesting question, but the responses so far are just bad!

FTLinx use OPC and not DDE.

Search Rockwell for:
FactoryTalk Linx Gateway Excel Sample Instructions

If you want to use DDE, then search for : FactoryTalk Linx Gateway DDE / RTD communication set up in Excel

It is an interesting question, but the responses so far are just bad!

FTLinx use OPC and not DDE.

Search Rockwell for:
FactoryTalk Linx Gateway Excel Sample Instructions

If you want to use DDE, then search for : FactoryTalk Linx Gateway DDE / RTD communication set up in Excel

FT Linx Gateway definitely uses DDE. I think it started a couple months ago.
But thanks, I'll give that search a try.