slc to contrologix

Tedmonds

I am converting a Slc 505 to contrologix. The slc has indirect addressing. ex. #N[N97:50]:[N97:51] in slc. I have converted it through the conversion tool in the contrologix and it brings it in as N[N97_50][N97_51]. The routing will not verify because of invalid tag or expression. How do I convert this??

If you have a Rockwell support contract, and there are issues on the conversion tool, they will run it for you and provide the changes that are required, (if any). I have used them in the past, for a rather in-depth indirect PLC5-Contrologix app, and they solved all of the issues.

Ultimately, the tool is not great.
IF you have the time, and want to learn a little, RE-WRITE the application with new tags.
It will be easier to understand, and you will be utilizing the system that Rockwell intended in the first place.

If you want to keep exactly this format then you will need to create a tag named "N" as a two dimensional array of INTS. The array sizes will depend on the possible values which will be in "N97_50" and "N97_51". Also create the tags "N97_50" and "N97_51". They can then be used as array indexes.

The conversion itself is extremely large. Probably 2500 rungs of logic along with 1000 tags that were created during the conversion. Program is extremely complex with lots of data due to barcode scanners and tracking data. Thought the conversion was the way to go.