mvi56mcm testing

wilsonzhu

Hi all, I set one port(RJ45) for modbus slave and one port(RJ45) for modbus master in prosoft mvi56mcm card for controllogix. I want to test these two port by directly connect these two ports. what kind of cable should use? Cat5 cable or Crossover Cat5 cable? or need a special cable for it?
Thanks for your help.

The user manual I have has the cable pinouts in chapter 6 - Cable Connections on page 72.

The module comes with RJ45 to DB-9 pigtails to be used with these ports. The pinouts in the manual are for the DB-9 connector.

Which cable pinout you use depends on how you configure the module ports. You have a choice of RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 (probably the most common).

My experience with tech support at ProSoft has been very good. You might want to contact them and let them walk you through the setup and cabling.