ControlLogix --> Siemens S7-400

ControlLogix

Hi guys,

A buddy of mine is moving job and has asked for some help. He is an AB ControlLogix & Controlnet man while I am fully versed in all AB software. However, in his new job he will be working with Siemens S7-400s with Step 7 V5.1. Also using Graph7 Net Pro V5.1.

My buddy wants to try and get ahead of the game before he goes on his training course.....can everybody give some of the differences/similarities with the two PLCs...links to websites??

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Have a good weekend!!

And remember...it is easier to beg for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission!

Sherman4

I was going to add to this post, until I noticed the original posting date....

Did you look at that, as you have resurrected a post that is over 2 years old (nearly 3 in fact)

Paul