machine data logging

Hi can anybody advise me on a data logging/monitoring system. My customer requires a data logging pc based system, they have 10 x machines of which they require to record the temperature and 3 x speeds of the machines.The temp can be by a pt100/tc the speeds i can aquire via a 0-10v signal from the drives.So far the systems quoted have been a lot of cash has anybody got any advise on a good reasonably priced system??

Some important questions to ask for a data logging system include:

1) How often are values to be logged? Time-based or value-change?
2) How long do the values need to be stored?
3) What format do you need the values stored in?
4) Reports??
5) How does the PC connect to the data? A PLC? Proprietary PC-boards?
6) Is the data "mission critical"? (I.e., does it require redundancy?)

That said, you might want to consider Inductive Automation's FactorySQL