PanelView Plus... Bits from a Word

AlanSmith

Hi. I am using RSView Studio ME (v4) to program a PV+ connected to a SLC500.
Is it possible to create one analogue tag (example N7:10) and then get the PanelView to see it as 16 x Bits ???
(example N7:10/0 to N7:10/15)
I need to display 16 x Indicator Lamps based on the Bits within the Word.

OR, do I have to create 16 individual Bit Tags.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Alan

In my case this a digital tag, but as you can see, you can divide your 16 bits word into a bit by bit tag.
This is the way to do it, in this case this is a push button ( K1 ).

pv+&slc500.JPG

Hi Bill. This is interesting... you seem to have entered the raw PLC address directly into the "Connections" box, rather than setting up a "Tag" in the Tag editor. This could save a lot of time. I like it.
Thanks

Hi Bill. This is interesting... you seem to have entered the raw PLC address directly into the "Connections" box, rather than setting up a "Tag" in the Tag editor. This could save a lot of time. I like it.
Thanks

PV+ and FTView both support "Direct Referencing" of the PLC Namespace, without actually creating tags. It is useful to many people, and can be very convenient.

Personally, except for EXTREMELY Q & D (Quick and Dirty) updates or applications, I can't stand the Direct References, but that is personal preference :).

I generally set up and edit my Tag Database in Excel, and then import it whole into View Studio.

Thanks rdrast.
Getting back to the original question, if I do use Tags, then is it just a matter of putting a... /n after the tag name ?
( n = the bit number)

Regarding using Excel... If I export an existing tag database, add some new tags to it and then import it back, is this likely to screw up any of the screen objects that have already been configured. ? (assuming I don't change any of the originals)

Thanks for any replies
Alan

Just for reference:

N7:0/0 is (N7:0 & 1)
N7:0/1 is (N7:0 & 2)
N7:0/2 is (N7:0 & 4)
N7:0/3 is (N7:0 & 8)
N7:0/4 is (N7:0 & 16)
N7:0/14 is (N7:0 & 16384)
N7:0/15 is (N7:0 & -32768)

Just for reference:

N7:0/0 is (N7:0 & 1)
N7:0/1 is (N7:0 & 2)
N7:0/2 is (N7:0 & 4)
N7:0/3 is (N7:0 & 8)
N7:0/4 is (N7:0 & 16)
N7:0/14 is (N7:0 & 16384)
N7:0/15 is (N7:0 & -32768)

I've had to do this in RSView32 when I ran out of tags. Cheaper than having to buy more tags. Not really an issue in FT View since it is not tag based.