Tricon and Experion C300 through Modbus TCP

strain15

I'm currently having issues with delays in sending and receiving information between the Tricon and C300. Here is how my network is setup:

1.The Tricon TCM 4351B is connected to a cisco 2900 switch
2.The C300 is connected to the cisco 2900 switch from the Honeywell firewall
3.Tricon is running as modbus slave and C300 as modbus master
4.On the Honeywell side, they are using PCDI blocks in the control builder. We have about 15 PCDI blocks used.

Here is the problem. When the Honeywell writes to a DI tag in the Tricon, it takes about 5 – 12 seconds to update. They have the read/write option for the tag setup as WriteAlways which sends the data to the tricon and reads it back for data validation on the Honeywell side.

We noticed that the more tags you with the WriteAlways option, the longer the delay. We have about 100 DI point and 30 real input setup with the writealways option. We do not have problems receiving data between the Tricon and Experion. We were able to get good digital and real data between the system

Anyone have experienced this problem? Thanks.