Matricon OPC server connect to Citect SCADA

gussie

Hi

I'm trying to get a Matricon OPC server connected to a Citect SCADA version 5.40. The configuration applet asks for a server name, referred to a "devlink" in the Matrikon manual. Does anybody know what the devlink is?

We use Matrikon OPC servers, we also use another product of matrikons called Tunneler this allows us to easily set up th eOPC serve to be on another PC and not on the Citect server.

This is the IODeice address..
OPCDOM1 is the name of the PC that the OPC server is installed on
"Tunneller:OPCDOM1:KEPware.KEPServerEx.V4"

This is the board name..
"OPC_S7"

This is an example of a tag address..
LAN_1 and Safe_S7 are used within the OPC server to allow us to separate our comms.
"LAN_1.Safe_S7.DB973:KH766"

Let me know if you need any more imformation

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I wish I could use tunneller, but the Matricon version I have doesn't want to work on Windows NT 4 (OS installed on SCADA machine) DO you know of a version that is pre-.NET?

Anywhy, refering to the example you gave for the OPC tag address:
LAN1 is the IOserver used in Citect, while Safe_S7 refers to a specific IODevice asociated to that IO server, I imagine an S7 PLC in your case. Is this correct?

So, if I configure the devlink if the OPC server to point to the Citect SCADA database, I should use IOserver.IODevice? This is the name specified in the configuration applet for the Citect server inside the Matricon OPC server configuration?

Thanks in advance.

gussie said:
Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I wish I could use tunneller, but the Matricon version I have doesn't want to work on Windows NT 4 (OS installed on SCADA machine) DO you know of a version that is pre-.NET?

Anywhy, refering to the example you gave for the OPC tag address:
LAN1 is the IOserver used in Citect, while Safe_S7 refers to a specific IODevice asociated to that IO server, I imagine an S7 PLC in your case. Is this correct?

So, if I configure the devlink if the OPC server to point to the Citect SCADA database, I should use IOserver.IODevice? This is the name specified in the configuration applet for the Citect server inside the Matricon OPC server configuration?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry I don't know of a pre .NET version.

The Citect IOServer Name in our project is "IOServer01". We have three S7 PLC's two of them are Safety PLC's. Their Citect IO device names are "KILN2", KILN_SIS" and "HGG_SIS". The Information I gave you above relates to what is in the various "address" fields in the Citect forms. "LAN_1.Safe_S7" etc is part of the variable tags address. This Variable tag "lives in an IODevice called "KILN2" the address of this IODevice is "Tunneller:OPCDOM1:KEPware.KEPServerEx.V4" which is tied to a particular "board" the "board" has the name "OPC_S7". So all of our IODevices actually have the same address. Where they differ is only in the variable tag address, some of them are address as "LAN_1.Safe_S7.DB973:KH766" while others will be "LAN_3.HGG_S7.DB973:KH766" I think (but 1 am not certain as I did not configure this porject I only inherited it) that the "LAN_3.HGG_S7." part of the address is uesd by the OPC server to know which PLC to retrieve the data from.

As far as the IODevice goes "Tunneller" refers to the Matrikon software of the same name. "OPCDOM1" is the network name of the computer that has the OPC server installed on it and "KEPware.KEPServerEx.V4" is the name of the OPC server. I don't know why it is called Kepware when the whole package came form Matrikon maybe Matrikon have some arrangement with Kepware

Last edited: