What is the part number for Siemens S5 communication calbe.?

n.navaneethan

I am planning to upgrade the SIEMENS S5 to SIEMENS S7. The problem here is that I don't have program backup for the S5 module.

So can anybody provide me the details of the cable and the software required to communicate.

siemens s5, 6ES5 103-8MA03. this is the part number of the cpu used.

Well the cable will work for every S5 but im not sure they make them anymore.
You can ceck out siemens website they have very good documentation on parts they made.
www.simatic.com and then click on "technical info" tab on the menue to the right and then "manuals / operating instructions".

Cable part number

I am using Siemens 6ES5 734 - 1BD20 cable for communication, will it work with Siemens 6ES5 103 - 8MA03, what is the software version needed for taking program backup.