Rslogix500 problem

ABDELAAL

Dear all,
I'm new to Allen Bradley PLC. I try to upload a program from SLC 5/05 Processor .I've done the Following :
1- I connected a 1747-CP3 to RS-232 port in the PLC and the other side to USB-to-SERIAL converter to my laptop
2-Open RSlinx and configured the driver as RS232 DF1 devices
and pressed the Auto Configuration button and the program indicated that it was Successfully configured
3-Open RsLogix500 tools>options>system comm.s and selected my driver.
4-Then when i pressed Upload the program said
"No response from the processor at selected node/path"
although i tried these steps at RUN and PROG mode
5- I've RSLINX ver.2.10.118.0 rslinx lite and RSlogix Ver.6

I don't think there is a problem with Rslinx as I already uploaded a prog. from panel View 1000 correctly.

am I missing something? would you please help me in this problem??:confused:

Best regards

Its probably the USB-Serial Convertor

I dont use one, but if you search here there are many topics on them and which makes work and which dont.

I would also think you will have to set your com port number up in rs linx driver to match the usb port you are using.

I wonder if the processor port is configured for DF1 or DH485. The processor needs to be set to use DF1 for serial.

Can you connect to it through the Ethernet port?

If you don't have the offline file.

Then click on Comms(not tools)/click on System Comms../Then select your processor/Then click on upload.
See picture below.

Comm.jpg

I think Mickey is correct here. You say in step 3, that you "selected my driver." You need to select the processor icon as shown in Mickey's screen capture. It should not have a red "X" through the picture, but instead should be just the processor icon. Your RSLinx is an older version, but the success on autoconfig is a very good sign that it will still work for you.

Dear all,
I'm new to Allen Bradley PLC. I try to upload a program from SLC 5/05 Processor.

Abdelaal, If you plc is a SLC 5/05 why don´t you use the ethernet connection instead ?? This way you do not need any converter just connect your plc to your pc, then configure rslinx and upload your program.

He said autoconfigure worked, so my bet is the same as Mickey's. He just needs to browse to the device and upload rather than just click "go online".

Dear all,
first thank you all for your reply.
Dear mickey i think that is the reason .but i don't know how to solve that.I can't find any processor in system comm.and i can't find the ab-df1 devices too.here is the picture of system comms
what can i do now,sorry i'm very new to AB world???
and thank you again

from your picture you loaded no drivers but according to what you stated above you followed the correct steps after you load the df1 driver you should see the df1 on the connection tree such as in Mickeys photo the exception is the device should not be in the red

First, get RSLinx working:

Open RSLinx, and click on the RSWho button. Any drivers that are configured should appear there, and when expanded, you should see any processors that are connected. I recommend that you leave the Autobrowse feature turned on (checked).

Caution: RSLinx will remember processors that it has 'seen' before in previous sessions. If they are no longer present, they should appear with a red X across them, but it is not uncommon for them to appear normal. In order to verify that they are really available, right click on the processor and click remove. If the processor is really there, and autobrowse is turned on, then the processor should quickly re-appear. Now you have proof that there really is a processor there, and that RSLinx is properly configured to access it.

If you don't have any drivers configured, or RSWho cannot see the processor(s), then close the RSWho window, and configure the driver, or change its configuration to get communication working. There is no point giong further until you have this working.

Once you have proven that RSLinx can 'see' the processor, then open RSLogix 500.

Click on Comms, then Who Active Go Online. This will open a RSWho window, and you should now be able to find the processor, click on it, then hit the OK button.

Now, if there is already a file on the PC hard drive in the default path, or you had already opened a file from any location that matched this PLC, you will go straight online. If you do not have a file saved, then you can click create new file. Note that this new file will have no comments or symbols. Once online, you can add those all important comments and save the file.

Hope this helps.
Paul

RSLinx_001.jpg

Dear Paul

thank you very much , but I have done as you said but the result is still the same,although i configured the driver and its status is running,i don't know what am i missing here.?
i really began to think i have a big.

would you please tell me what to do?
thank you
Abdelaal

dear mickey
here are two pictures for rswho and driver configuration
and thank you for your reply

Abdelaal

In your first post you said you had RSLinx Lite, the second picture just posted shows RSLinx Gateway???

What happens when you click on configure in the first picture then click autoconfigure? Show the forum a screen shot of that. ( after autoconfigure is pressed)