Enegy meter

Densam

:eek:fftop:First of all I would like to thanks for the brains on this forum. Be it silly or not you have always pointed people asking in the right direction. I have a project which i am undertaking. It requires a prepaid energy meter. What must happen is that:- If supply is by overhead the unit should be at the pole and then communicates with the consummer interface in the house which the customer uses for topping up.
If it's underground supply, should be in a temper proof box outside and communicating with the customer interface in the house. There are additional specification required such as communicating to a data centre for monitoringand control purposes, credit should be by a phobe. I have tried to google but in vein. Does any one of you know a manufacturer of these where i can buy? Thank you:cry:

Last edited:
Energy meter

What is the application and why do you want to do this?

Dan Bentler

I want so that customers can control what they use and looking at it, not only for the rich customers. Medium to low wage bracket can take advantage of it. The other issue is if the area is a high risk it should be im a position that the customer can only be in contact with the interface.

I want so that customers can control what they use and looking at it, not only for the rich customers. Medium to low wage bracket can take advantage of it. The other issue is if the area is a high risk it should be im a position that the customer can only be in contact with the interface.

OK those are good criteria.

In general here in USA we use and then pay for it later. For example here in Seattle residential power gas and water is used and billed every two months.

The only exceptions to this I can think of are parking meters, prepaid phone cards, laundromats and in marinas coin operated showers. Some laundromats are switching to prepaid cards.

I seem to recall that in Britain there are coin operated gas "meters". I think you may call your local utilities and see what they are doing along these lines. The other option is to call the metered appliance folks.

Uhhh that was the British flag or was it?
I apologize in advance if I put you in the wrong country - obviously I have a hard time remembering all country flags.
Damn ungrateful colonials.

Dan Bentler

Uhhh that was the British flag or was it?
I apologize in advance if I put you in the wrong country - obviously I have a hard time remembering all country flags.
Damn ungrateful colonials.

No need to be an ungrateful colonial. If you hold you mouse over the flag icon in question, the alternate text will display the country... :cool:

🍻

-Eric