inquiry...

jingo

anybody has a simple 0-5v simulator diagram? cause i would like to use it in checking our pressure transducers....
anybody please....:oops:

A real quick n dirty check I use is a D cell flashlight battery. One gives you about 1.5 volt and two gives you about 3. Not exact I admit but works well to see if instrument responds and is "about right".

Dan Bentler

Last edited:
You could use a 24VDC power suppy (or 12VDC) - battery would be fine - and dropping resistors.
A rotary pot even.

anybody has a simple 0-5v simulator diagram? cause i would like to use it in checking our pressure transducers....
anybody please....:oops:

You'll not check the transducers with a 0-5V simulator ! What you need is a Volt-meter to check the transducers.

I think what you mean is you want to check you analog input and data-conversion, by injecting 0-5V into the PLC.

If you have a Voltage analog output card in the system you can use a spare channel from that.

But I like the idea of the quick and dirty method as suggested by leitmotif. If you use Ni-MH batteries, their terminal voltage is about 1.2V, so you can go in steps 1.2, 2.4, 3.6, 4.8

I have a simple circuit that uses a three terminal regulator for 4-20 mA in 1 mA steps.
If I need voltage I use a 250 Ohm resistor across the output.
If you like it I can post it.
Roy

Well I have a doubt, You wanted to check the pressure transducer.
merely using the 0-5V will not help.
You will need pressure calibrator to inject the pressure and check the output from the transducer with the help of mutlimeter/mutlifunction calibrator. say for example if the pressure transdcuer is 0-5bar with 4-20ma / 0-10V output.
Then inject the pressure in steps of 0%,25%,50% and 100% of the rated pressure and check the corresponding electrical output using multimeter.

getfile.aspx

Sorry, I can't figure out how to attach the file. Please send your address to roy_matson at yahoo dot ca and I will send it direct
Regards
Roy

I managed to attach the file to new thread "Simple Current Simulator"

Last edited: