RSLogix/Emulate path configuration issue

bknight

I have a copy of RSLogix 5000, RSEmulate 5000, and RSLinx Classic all installed and working on my laptop.

In the past I've created a number of test programs that I've loaded into the emulator and then run and tested with RSLogix.

My problem now is that RSLogix is not allowing me to set the path to the emulator. I run Who Active and can expand my Virtual Chassis and see my Emulator listed along with the RSLinx module. I can expand the Emulator and see Channel 0, DF1 and under that 00, RSLogix 5000 Emulator. Any of these items however will not un-gray the Set Project Path button.

I do have a real PLC on my network which is a 5562. I can drill down on that and the Set Project Path button becomes enabled.

I've tried changing the processor configuration and position on the program to match the Emulator on revision and slot position, but this does not help. The program is based on a much more complex setup with 16 modules, but I just need to load this up and fake some inputs to test.

Any ideas?