rcp help on a micologix 1500 plc

2004sk4

I have a program with 16 different recipes. We are having problems with pranksters changing some of the settings from the touchscreen and causing downtime and off quality on the other shifts.

How can i monitor a recipe from within the plc program.

I am needing to know when someone adjusts a certain timer on any of the recipes.

thanks

Are your recipes stored on the 1500?
If so, you can store a copy of the current timer settings into the data table somewhere.
Use a compare (NEQ should do it) with a one shot (OSR) to compare the current recipe timer setting with the stored known good setting. When the two are no longer equal move the value of the system clock (s:40 area I think) into another place in the data table. The one shot will keep you from continually overwriting the time and should tell you when it was changed. I think you'll need to copy several words from the system clock, Date, hour, min, etc. Then just check that area for a change in the date data.

I'm not gonna ask any questions on or make suggestions on you recipe security.... I'm sure others will.
I made a lot of assumptions on how you are storing the recipes that may be incorrect since someone can get in and change the data pretty easily it seems, and it's been a little while since I've programmed the 1500s but hope this helps.

Michael

The recipe are stored in the micro1500 plc

I agree with you on using error checking for the selected recipe to atleast make sure it is within range.

The oem machine is using a panelview touchscreen to enter and adjust recipes. Their is a password to get to that screen but within days everyone knows it.

I am wanting to know how to watchdog recipes withing the recipe files.

Example. if someone changes x timer on recipe 5 but never selects the recipe for use.
What is the code to be able to call certain recipe #'s data tables into ladder logic.

thanks

Here are the assumptions I'm making...
All 15 recipes are already stored in the 1500.
The panel view simply manipulates the data table in the 1500 to change the recipe settings.
Assuming this is true .....what is the start address for recipe #1 ? (I assume it is multiple words). Recipe #2? If I know that maybe I can give a better example.