Softlogix 5 won't start

kudave88

I installed Softlogix 5 v2.2.0 on a Win2k machine and can't get it to Start from the configuration manager. The Event Viewer shows:

-"The Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator service terminated with service-specific error 1113" in the System Log

and two errors in the Application Log:

-"InitializeRPC failed in call to RpcNsBindingExportW :Overlapped I/O operation is in progress"

-"SetServiceStatus failed! System Error:The handle is invalid. (0x6)"

Extensive searching for these errors has turned up very little. Any insight into how to get this started would be greatly appreciated.

-Dave

Hmm,

The only sort of related Tech Note on the RA web site seems to point to the control panel applet for starting and stopping the service.

Not sure I have a suggestion. What Win2000 Service Pack are you using?

OG

I don't have Win2K or SL5 to test this, but just looking at the release dates I see that that version of SL5 came out in 2002 which would be around the time of Service Pack 2. SP3 came out nearly the same time.

Perhaps it is service pack related. If you can back up your computer and then maybe try reverting back to a previous service pack.

I am just guessing though.

OG