RSLinx Application + SoftLogix

tlf30

Lifetime Supporting Member
OK, so I am running into an interesting issue.
I just setup SoftLogix v23 on a system for testing, along with Studio 5000 v23.
SoftLogix reconfigured RSLinx to start as a service, and with it running as a service everything is communicating fine.

The issue is that when RSLinx is running as a service I cannot figure out how to open the window to edit the drivers. To do so I stop the SoftLogix service, then stop the RSLinx service, then unchech the "Always launch as a service" option in the RSLinx launch options. After that I can open RSLinx normally. Then I go change the launch options back, and start the service again.

Is there a way to edit RSLinx without doing all that when it is running as a service?

Thanks,
Trevor

As an alternative, remove the Run as a Service option and then manually open RSLinx yourself before launching SoftLogix. With it already open, SoftLogix will be happy, and you can still view/edit drivers as needed.

OG

As an alternative, remove the Run as a Service option and then manually open RSLinx yourself before launching SoftLogix. With it already open, SoftLogix will be happy, and you can still view/edit drivers as needed.

OG

Interesting, I attempted this but couldn't get the controller slot service to start. I am getting on a plane, but I'll try again later today.