Trying to run RSlinx Service and Application

pilkingtonk

I just installed rslinx oem. I used to have lite. We got OEM so that we can send data to an OPC. I want to run linx as a service but I cant unless I go to the linx control panel and say always run as service, but if I do that, the application won't open. This problem did not exist before, so I was curious if any one had an idea?

If you check the always run as service box, the RSLinx application always starts automatically as a service, Windows 7 won't display the icon in the task bar.

I use the 'Always Run As Service' option, and then if I need to make changes to configurations, I un-check the box and use the RSLinx Launch Control Panel to start it. Once set up, I can go back go back to run as a service, and still use 'Who Active' through the RSLogix programs.

Last edited: