FFB testing with Rosemount 375 hand held

theDave2

The Rosemount 375 communicator does both HART and Foundation Fieldbus. I've only used it for HART and now am being asked to buy what is needed to use the FFB part of it.

This will be only for testing FFB instruments before we ship our modules that will have FFB instruments (level, temperature, pressure transmitters, etc) to a customer. The customer will have their own host system. I will not be plugging the 375 into a functioning operational system.

So it looks like I need some sort of interface like a P&F HD2-FBPS-1.500 plugged into a MB-FB-1R, a 24vdc bulk P/S and two terminators.

Anyone have other solutions ?

Some of my modules may have instruments might be I.S., if that makes any difference. However, I will be checking them out in non-hazardous area.

Thanks,
Dave

danw: Thanks for the tip !

The reply there and solution is to use a Relcom (owned by MTL) (www.relcominc.com) Filedbus Power Hub, #FCS-PH-110-PL. I got the same info from Rosemount.

I got one, it works just fine.

The only thing to watch out for is that it's not to be used with Intrinsically Safe devices, even when just testing in a non-hazardous area as it *could* violate this device integrity, so I'm told.